xTAG® Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel (xTAG GPP)
Globally, there are an estimated two billion cases of diarrheal symptoms every year. Due to similar symptoms virus, parasite and bacteria, a comprehensive diagnostic is difficult. xTAG GPP is a qualitative multiplex diarrhea test that helps molecular biologists and microbiologists with the simultaneous detection and identification of gastrointestinal pathogens. The assay uses Luminex xTAG Technology and the xMAP® Technology platform detect multiple infectious agents in a single sample.
Transforming diarrhea diagnostics
xTAG GPP is the first GI diagnostic to offer 15 major infectious organisms in a single test. It can detect Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) such as C. difficile or Norovirus, foodborne illness agents like E. Coli or Salmonella and common pediatric diarrhea. For more information visit our xTAG® GPP webpage.
Multiplexed molecular testing for a reliable, actionable result in under 5 hours
- xTAG GPP is the only test that simultaneously detects and identifies the bacterial, viral, and parasitic pathogens responsible for over 95% of cases of infectious diarrhea1
- xTAG GPP provides:
- More answers per sample than any other method
- A reliable answer, in time to affect patient care
- Better use of time and human resources
Get more results per test than any other method, in time to affect patient care
|Method||Tests For||Turn-Around Time||Diagnostic Yield|
|Stool culture||Single bacterial pathogen per test||2–3 days||Up to 6%2|
|Ova and parasite (O&P) exam||Parasitic pathogens||Several days – sample must be collected over 3 days||Up to 3%3,4|
|Rapid tests||Single pathogen per test||20–30 min||Varies|
|Real-time PCR||1–3 pathogens per test||Under 5 hours||Varies; depends on the pathogen target, individual performance and number of assays|
|ELISA||Single antigen/antibody per test||6–24 hours||Varies|
|xTAG GPP||Up to 14 bacterial, viral, and parasitic pathogens in a single test||Under 5 hours (Including extraction steps)||30%|
Pinpoint the cause of gastrointestinal infections quickly and efficiently
- A single multiplex RT-PCR step amplifies nucleic acids from all three pathogen types: bacterial, viral and parasitic.
- Detection is performed using the award-winning xTAG universal tag sorting system on the simple, reliable, and affordable MAGPIX® and proven Luminex® 100/200™ instruments, both CE marked.
Enable timely, informed treatment decisions for all diarrhea patients
- xTAG Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel is indicated for use in5:
- All patients with signs and symptoms of infectious gastroenteritis or colitis
- Acute and chronic diarrhea
- Inpatient, outpatient and emergency settings
- Nosocomial surveillance
Get answers you can rely on with a validated, sensitive and specific assay
- Validated and quality controlled (cGMP) reagents that comply with regulatory requirements (CE-IVD) so you can operationalize quickly and efficiently
- Results you can rely on – high sensitivity and specificity for all the target pathogens
xTAG GPP - Excellent sensitivity and specificity performance for all targets5
assessed with MAGPIX
|Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) LT/ST||N/A*||97%|
|E. coli O157||94.1%||98.8%|
|Shiga-like Toxin producing E. coli (STEC) stx 1/stx 2||100%||98.6%|
|Clostridium difficile Toxin A/B||97.7%||94.9%|
*Due to low sample size, clinical sensitivity was not assessed for ETEC, Yersinia enterocolitica and Vibrio cholerae. However, analytical accuracy for these analytes was demonstrated in the limit of detection and reactivity studies with cultural isolates or plasmids.
Want to know more about Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel? Join us at Planet xMAP Europe 2012 to discover the many ways in which xMAP technology and xTag Technology are enabling scientists and researchers to perform multiplexed assays.
References: 1. CDC, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector-borne and Enteric Diseases. 2. Slutsker L et al. Annals of Internal Medicine 1997; 126(7):505–513. 3. Fotedar R et al. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45(3):1035–1037. 4. Tuncay S et al. Türkiye Parazitoloji Dersigi 2007; 31(3):188–193. 5. Luminex Corporation. xTAG® Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel (GPP) Package Insert.
For In Vitro Diagnostic Use. Products are region specific and may not be approved in some countries/regions. Please contact Luminex at email@example.com to obtain the appropriate product information for your country of residence.