One Punch - Four Results
Early screening, diagnosis and proper treatment can decrease newborn morbidity, mortality and improve the infant's quality of life and life expectancy.
Millions of infants have blood drawn from their heel after birth to detect rare disorders that could threaten their life and long-term health. For most of these disorders, there is no medical history of the condition in the family and no way to predict the health of a baby based on the health of the parents.
The NeoPlex4® Assay simultaneously tests four analytes, T4, hTSH, 17-OHP and IRT, which can be indicators of congenital hypothyroidism (CH), congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), and cystic fibrosis (CF phenotypic). Each of these conditions can cause severe mental and physical disability if untreated. If detected early through testing, effective treatment can be initiated. Multiplexing these tests together from one blood spot punch offers significant improvements in testing efficiency to newborn screening laboratories around the world. With a growing number of laboratories screening for more disorders, testing efficiently and using only a small amount of sample is increasingly important.
From a single bloodspot punch, your lab can achieve multiple benefits such as workflow improvements, increased throughput, test consolidation and sample preservation. One punch. Multiple results.
- Simplify your laboratory workflow by getting four tests* from one bloodspot punch
- Fewer instruments required, fewer microtiter plates used, less technician time needed and less maintenance
- T4 and hTSH results with the initial screen - reduce reflex testing and improve lab turn around time
- Less sample required allows more sample for other tests you may want to add later
- Built on the proven, flexible xMAP® Technology platform
*The NeoPlex® System and the NeoPlex4 assay are CE-IVD (For in vitro diagnostic use). Products are region specific and may not be approved in some countries. Please contact Luminex to obtain the appropriate information for your country of residence.
For more information visit our xMAP Neoplex 4 webpage.